1/12/23

 The scope went well!  She didn’t have any banding done.  She does still have the active bleeds below her stomach in the lower GI tract.  She, of course, still has the Varices in the upper GI, but none were bleeding right now that needed banded.  The doctor seemed pleased with where she is right now.  He explained the banding as poking fingers in a dam.  It’s a very temporary fix for a huge problem, so it’s fantastic she is getting this surgery soon!  He said if surgeries or scopes are canceled or scheduled right now the wait is MONTHS out!  He said something about not enough surgeons.  Anyway, all that to say, please pray we all stay well until she has this surgery!!  I have found out more about the surgery from the page I’m part of.  The average hospital time seems to be 8-10 days.  After that kids go to the Ronald McDonald house for 2 weeks.  What I’ve also read is the surgery is complicated and recovery is rough, but it saved the kids’ lives who got it.  The doctor told me it’s such an amazing surgery because once you get it and recover, it literally takes care of the problem for life!  I’m so thankful she’s a candidate for it!!  Anyway, in anticipation of the 23rd I’ve had some WEIRD dreams, lol.  If I wake up for some reason at 5 am, my brain is awake and I can’t go back to sleep.  So, we will all be glad to have this behind us.  Oh, and the doctor who did the scopes (I really like him and have since we first met him) said that he wants to be doubly sure that they know what they can about her liver, since she had that nodule, he doesn’t want any surprises when they open her up on surgery day.  So he ordered an MRI of her liver so they can have a good look at it.  He said her case fascinates him, lol.  He’s the one that has gotten the ball rolling and everything happening as fast as it has.  I think that’s all the info for now.  We are here all night to monitor since a tube and scope went down her throat, they want to make sure they didn’t bump a Varices or agitate them, and to also get the MRI whenever a spot opens up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being A Friend

Round One

Inklings